Saturday, December 17, 2011

Current Reads

Hello!

It's been a while, this semester turned out crazier than I anticipated. I've found a little time to read for leisure during these past few weeks, and here's what I'm currently reading:




Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I've been waiting for this book since I first read Clockwork Angel this summer, and it took for.ev.er. for B&N to send it to me. It was also terrible timing, since that's when a lot of final projects were starting, and the theater production that I was participating in had their performances the week before it's release. Regardless, I've been trying to make time to spend with Mr. Herondale, Mr. Carstairs, Miss Tessa, and all the other characters that I missed so dearly. I'm not too far into it, but once finals are completed this week, this book is about to be devoured.



The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

I received my Christmas present from my husband earlier this month - a Kindle Fire! I've been so against the entire e-reader movement since it's hurting local book stores, plus I love the feeling of a book in my hands.... and I'm stubborn, so I just fought the change until I could fight it no more. This is one of the first books I purchased on it since I'd heard a lot about it and wanted to see what all the hype of this series is all about. I'm almost halfway through this one since I've been reading it while exercising on the Kindle (which is the best thing ever, since you don't have to worry about losing your place or the pages not lying flat. Thank you, baby Jesus, for letting me see the light finally) and have really enjoyed it. Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays and was the first one I ever performed in, so I am in love with Julie already. I'll let you know what I think.

So those are the two must-finish-before-the-end-of-the-year books I have right now. I've probably downloaded 100 free books on my Kindle, many of them classics, that I'd love to get to, as well as a bookshelf full of "to read" books as well. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

If you're not already a member of Goodreads.com, you really should be. It's like a social network for book nerds where you can share what you're reading, see what your friends are reading, read reviews, find suggestions for books you may like, and so much more. I follow quite a few authors on there that are favorites, and it's so cool being so in touch with people you admire. It's a free site to join and very addicting, so go for it!

I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season sofar. God Bless and keep reading!

~Eileen

2 comments:

  1. I hope your exams go well so you can enjoy Mr. Herondale worry free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, they went pretty well and I'm so glad they're over. Now I can do what I like and not feel guilty. It's pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete